lördag 26 april 2014

Yet another survival game! Yet not another zombie survival game!

Hi!
Welcome to my new blogg where I will write about my first game project. My name is Karl Christian Karlsson Korbacz but I prefer to be called Kodman1991 on the internet. I'm a huge fan of survival games and a gamer at heart. My great gaming journey began in 1999 when my mother bought me my first console which was the Playstation 1, or PSX as most of the people refer to it now. And my first game was Spyro the Dragon. When I started playing it I was immersed in the world of gaming right away. And since then I have been playing games untill today. 2 years back I started playing Minecraft, Minecraft made fall in love with the survival aspect of gaming since I've never played a survival game before. And so after that I played lots of diffirent survival games including Rust and DayZ. Heck I even modded Fallout 3 and Skyrim to be survival like. Using mods like Fallout 3 Wanderers Edition or Realistic Needs and Diseases, Frostfall for Skyrim. And I saw that  survival games are becoming more and more popular. However most of those games are post-apocalyptic zombie survival games. And practicly the only one that is diffirent is Rust, It maybe doesn't hold zombies in it anymore, yet it's still post-apocalyptic. So. One day I was struck by an idea for a new type of survival game. And that game is what this blogg will be about.

So what's the idea then?
Well the idea is pretty simple. Since I'm quite a history fan too, the idea is also circling around that. I want to make a hardcore survival game using history aspect, or simply put "Pre-Civilization Survival". The game will be set in the time period where there were two diffirent human races in the world namely, Homo Sapiens Sapiens and Homo Neanderthalensis. So the game will be set in the Prehistoric era instead of the near future or the future. Considering we do not know much about the world back then so why not make a fictional creation of it in a game. And make it a hardcore survival game. 



The development plan.
So how am I going to go about developing this game? Well I've devised a plan in a simple text document that is conveniently placed on my desktop where I will edit it for future builds. Also It is a kind of "To-Do list" So I can keep record of what I've done and what needs editing and so forth. Also I will be implementing new ideas to this document. 

Here is what I've planned so far:

Bones And Stones, development plan.
###################################
Pre Alpha 0.0.1

//This part may be edited.
---------------------
*Essentials and Core.
---------------------
1. Simple area in the world, unreachable by the player for dev testing.

2. Player Controls.
2a. WASD, first person, jump.
2b. Player model not existent in this version.

3. The World.
3a. World mesh
3b. Ground textures.
3c. Caves and cave systems.
3d. Interior cells for the caves?
3e. Simple Lightning.

4. The sky.
4a. Sky textures.
4b. Sky layers?
4c. Simple weather. (Snow in snowy area, Rain, Storm.)

5. Trees and Sticks/Deadwood.
5a. Tree models and textures.
5b. Random placement for trees.
5c. Trees as a resource.
5d. System for the trees so that the player may be able to chop them. (Need a simple rock.)
5e. Sticks/Deadwood for the player to gather in order to make a campfire.

6. Rocks.
6a. Small rocks to pick up. (Small rocks will be the first tool/weapon for the player.)
6b. Resource rocks containing smaller rocks as a building material, And some metal rocks.
6c. Rocks/Resource Rocks will spawn randomly across the map.

7. Simple Crafting system and Inventory System.
7a. Crafting done by placing resources in forms in a square grid.
7b. Inventory made by a square grid.
-------------------------
Build: PA 0.0.7
Closed Pre Alpha testing.
-------------------------

As you can see it's well organised for me to know what to do. When PA 0.0.7 build is ready I will be asking for people to email me and send me their expiriences in game testing. And I will do so when every new build is ready. Until I will hit Alpha where I will start distributing the game to the public. For a reasonable but low price ;) (Maybe cheaper then most games that are released in Alpha).





So what's the name of this project?
And lastly I've chosen already a name for this game which suits it perfectly and it shall hence forth be known as "Bones and Stones". And I'm planning on updating this blog Every day at first but later into the development I will be updating it every week. As well as I will be making a Dev Vlog for this project.

See you tomorrow!
So I think I've covered everything so far. I will be do a new post to this blogg about the progress tomorrow. Though I don't think there will be any pictures since by then I would have only made the world mesh and simple player controls. So thank you for reading this and post any comments on what you think.

I'll se you guys tomorrow! :D

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar